It’s February, the season of love. And, as we approach nearly 12 months of tough rules and restrictions following the Covid-19 outbreak, it’s likely we could all benefit from a little TLC and few more reasons to smile.
Here at Harley Street Smile Clinic, we believe the romance shouldn’t just be reserved for the special someone in your life – Valentine’s Day is also a great time to focus on you. On becoming the best version on yourself and learning to love what you see in the mirror. Which starts with your smile.
Why your smile is so important
Awareness around self-love, mental health and the importance of taking time out to relax and look after ourselves is at an all-time high. That’s great, and one of limited positives to come out of lockdown life, but hands up who actually includes their smile in those considerations? We’ll bet not many.
In reality though, our smile plays a huge part in how we feel about ourselves. If you dislike your smile, you’re less likely to show it, which can have a knock-on negative effect on so many areas of your life – your mood, your relationships, even your career! Let’s take a closer look at just some of the reasons why your smile deserves some love.
Smiling more can:
- Boost your confidence
- Enhance your mood
- Make you seem more approachable
- Make you more attractive
- Make those around you happier
Surely, these are reasons enough for you to show your smile a little more affection? But if not, then how about when you consider it’s all anyone really gets to see of you at the moment?
Even at the best of times, your smile is one of the first things people notice. But with so much of our lives currently being conducted online – works meetings, routine appointments, socialising, even dating – there’s no escaping the fact that it’s our head and shoulders getting the most attention. Which means your smile is even more important than ever. So being comfortable and confident, knowing it’s looking its best is essential.
How to show your smile some love
- Take proper care of it – scheduling time in to look after your smile is just as important as any other part of your daily routine. Small steps can make a big difference, with things such as brushing twice a day with the right toothbrush and flossing making a real impact. Despite the abundance of products on the market, you only really need a few key essentials to take proper care of your oral health, discover the 5 essentials you need with our ‘Smile toolkit’ blog.
- Keep things fresh – it’s the season for getting up close and personal, but how confident are you about the freshness of your breath? Regular brushing, adopting good oral hygiene and being aware of your diet, can go a long way to ensuring you’re ready to pucker up at a moment’s notice. For more hints and tips on staying minty fresh, check out our blog on, ‘How to tackle bad breath’.
- Show it off properly – love it or loathe it, there are plenty of clever tricks you can employ to make sure your smile always looks it’s best – whether that’s in person, on-screen or captured in a snapshot. Read our tips on, ‘How to look great in photos’, to start working your smile magic.
- Get professional help – if you’re unhappy with your smile or searching for true perfection, then cosmetic dentistry could be the right choice for you. Used to rectify a wide range of problems from overly gummy smiles, crooked teeth, chips and discolouration, there are plenty of ways to make improvements. Why not seek advice from the professionals and see how your smile could be enhanced?
Fall back in love with your smile
Want to rekindle the romance with your smile? Then why not take a look at what our team of experts here at The Harley Street Smile Clinic can do to help.
Backed by over 30 years of experience, we are fully dedicated to showing smiles the love and appreciation they deserve, and to helping you achieve smile perfection.
We’re open as usual, so there’s no need to delay – get in touch with us this February and start your new smile love story. Book a free no-obligation consultation now or call us on 020 7971 1909.